The la-Z-Boy recliner Difference
1. You will receive a lifetime warranty on the La-Z-Boy mechanism. All La-Z-Boy mechanisms are designed and tested to operate a minimum of 100,000 times over the life of the recliner.
2. One of the features of genuine La-Z-Boy recliners is the Independent Reclining Action. This feature allows you to recline without raising the footrest.
3. The Adjustable Reclining Tension is also a great feature. La-Z-Boy recliners have two wing nuts on the bottom of the chair that can easily be adjusted to modify the backrest tension. This allows you to increase or decrease the amount of effort it takes to recline the back of the chair, providing customised comfort. 4. La-Z-Boy is the only manufacturer to use a Locking Footrest with their recliners. This feature prevents the footrest from sagging under the weight of the user's legs and ensures that your legs are fully supported at all times while reclining in the chair.
5. With the Seat Tilt Ratchet Mechanism you can adjust the seat and footrest pitch into any one of 18 unique angles. This will allow you to further elevate your feet in any seated position, not just in a full recline like other manufacturers' recliners. By elevating your feet you will stimulate your blood flow, which provides greater relaxation and comfort. Because the seat and back operate independently in a La-Z-Boy recliner, users can by shifting their weight adjust the back/seat/footrest relationship into many different angles, allowing the individual to find the right custom comfort position.
6. One hidden but important feature of all La-Z-Boy furniture is the Contour-Cut polyurethane foam used. This foam material is the most resilient and longest lasting available, which ensures your recliner will maintain its looks and comfort over time. Also some La-Z-Boy recliners feature specially formulated blown-in fibre in the back cushion. The fibre material is the most resilient and longest-lasting available.
7. Other recliners don't offer full body support when reclining in the chair. That's not the case with La-Z-Boy. These chairs are designed with solid foam seat cores extending underneath the back cushions when you recline. This ensures your lower back and tailbone is supported at all times when using a La-Z-Boy recliner. With Head-to-Heel support you can sit any way you like and know you will always have full body support.
8. La-Z-Boy chairs are built to last. One feature that sets them apart from other recliner brands is the Four-Sided Unibody Frame. La-Z-Boy uses a four-sided frame to provide maximum strength and rigidity to the recliner. This frame design stands up to the rigours of everyday usage and reduces the stress on the mechanism, ensuring smooth operation and increased longevity. In a test designed to pull apart recliner frames, La-Z-Boy's four-sided Unibody box frame easily beat the comparable recliners of competitors.
9. All La-Z-Boy recliner mechanisms are hand assembled. Building the mechanisms this way makes them much easier to repair should they ever require service.
10. To activate the footrest, La-Z-Boy uses a solid steel drive shaft. This ensures the drive shafts will not twist or fail after thousands of cycles of opening and closing the footrest.
11. Genuine La-Z-Boy recliners come with a 4-sided Seat Frame inserted directly into the main frame of the chair. The seat frame contains a combination of helical and sinuous springs, which help to reduce the stress placed on the chair when a user drops into the recliner. Over time this feature helps the chair seat maintain its shape and support, providing years of comfortable use from the recliner.
12. The recliner frames are constructed with a durable combination of solid timber and engineered framing material. Frame pieces are precision cut and fit together using 'old world' mortice and Tenon interlocking joints. These frames will maintain their structural integrity for a very long time.